Drawing Class

Hope everyone out there had a good Thanksgiving.

November has sped by in a haze of sneezing and coughing. I spent about half of the month sick and the remainder in front of the computer working on actionscript for the digital version of my thesis. More about that another day...

Today, however, I wanted to post a couple of images from my drawing class. Every Friday, I have five hours of drawing, either on location around the city or in the studio with live models. It's a great class, and it's been an opportunity for loads of experimentation.

Our on location days have included trips to Governor's Island, 50 stories up in a building overlooking the World Trade Center site, the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, Gleason's Boxing Gym... it's been amazing. Here are some highlights:


My classmates looking down out over the city -


Drawing the Woolworth building -


Skyline (looking North) -


Word Trade Center site -


Drawing from the South side of the building -



After such a detailed drawing, I wanted to do something looser... quick ink drawing of my classmates and the interior of the space -


Unfinished drawing, Woolworth building -




Patrick Dougherty sculptures at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden (If you haven't seen them yet, check them out! They're amazing... he also did an installation at Smith during my first year.) -


Erin drawing


Left-handed drawing to warm up... my pen ran out of ink halfway through -


Drawings of the sculpture -



Detail page from the cactus room in the greenhouse -



Back in the studio with three models. Warming up with charcoal -



Playing around with ink (unfinished) -


Tighter pencil drawing -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, profundities, absurdities, random-tangents, non-sequiturs: