Grand Central Extended

For my drawing on location class, we had an extended project to pick a city block and do a series of nine drawings - three drawings in each of three locations on the block. I had originally chosen to draw uptown in my old neighborhood, but I had a really hard time in all of the locations and ended up despising all of the work that I did.

I had so much fun drawing at Grand Central a couple of weeks ago that I decided to go back and use it as my location. I divided up the station into three separate parts - the main terminal, the dining concourse, and the holiday market. While there, I did a bit of experimenting playing with different pens, but I'm pretty satisfied with the pieces I came out with.

Main Terminal







Dining Concourse








Holiday Market








1 comment:

Facci Designs said...

I love these illustrations. I'm the Creative Director of Magnolia Bakery and you really captured the essence and charm of the bakery. Nice work!

Post a Comment

Thoughts, profundities, absurdities, random-tangents, non-sequiturs: