2012

New Years resolutions stress me out. I just don't like them. Whether it was trying to get organized, exercising more, or eliminating m&ms from my diet, January's well-intentioned resolution often became December's guilt trip. Rather than continuing to fall into an inevitable cycle of December angst, I decided not to make any more annual resolutions.

While I have stuck to my resolution against making resolutions, I do, however, think it's valuable to have goals and high hopes. So this year, I made a list of hopes for 2012. Rather than pressuring myself to be someone I'm not or do something that will make my stomach lurch with guilt come December, I did a little journal doodle about angst-free things for the new year.


And I can say with certainty that the year is looking like a happy and hope-filled one.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I adore this.

Kathy Ellen Davis said...

This is awesome!
I think I can help with some of these hopes......I will find a tape recorder that we can bring to the conference and just start impromptu dance parties wherever we are!

Post a Comment

Thoughts, profundities, absurdities, random-tangents, non-sequiturs: