New Year, New Materials

Hey blog readers,

In the spirit of the new year, I thought I'd share some new materials I've been playing around with. At Lost Weekend this year, illustrator friend Brooke demoed some excellent water soluble graphite. I haven't been able to find it locally, but I did find something called "Liquid Pencil" on the shelf.

Lately I've been experimenting with black and white illustrations and spots for chapter books/middle grade novels. I decided to give the Liquid Pencil a test run. It was a little goopy, but when thinned out, it made some great textured washes.







After playing with different types of strokes and washes, I did a couple of loose character sketches in my sketchbook.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, profundities, absurdities, random-tangents, non-sequiturs: