Puppies!

Thus far, you've heard a bit about three of my six classes and my most recent classwork... tonight I thought I'd switch gears and post one of the early pre-blog projects.

My 12 hour Marathon Wednesdays begin with a two hours course with Marshall Arisman, the director of my program. I believe the class is just listed as "Critique class" on our schedules, but it could equally be summarized simply as "Storytelling". Throughout the semester we have been exploring the relationship between images and stories.

We started the semester with a visual project on frame of reference and narrative. The assignment was to make a dog (2-dimensional) out of cardboard or foam core and then take the dog out and photograph it (Amelie style... if you haven't seen the movie, stop reading, go to the video-store or iTunes or your netflix cue and rent/download/order IMMEDIATELY... but alas I digress...) Because I seem to enjoy making loads of extra work for myself, I made not one but multiple dogs, puppies, in fact...


and then we went out for a walk...



There were pit stops along the way.


And I had a few errands to run...


...and...



but we also made time for fun.



And made a new friend in the process.


Actually we made a bunch of new friends...




...and last but certainly not least...



6 comments:

Benjamin Kalish said...

Oh my gosh! Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Amanda said...

I looooove this so much! :) You're amazing.

caro said...

I love this! Reminds me a bit of Sandy Skoglund!

Eli Lansey said...

Really clever!

Tina said...

Dig the dogs!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, This is adorable! I'm so glad arts chool is working out so great for you! Jessica

Post a Comment

Thoughts, profundities, absurdities, random-tangents, non-sequiturs: