Book Project Part IV: And Another and Another and Another... Spring Break

Book Project Part IV: And Another and Another and Another... Spring Break

In which there is bronchitis and much painting...

Apologies for the belatedness of the post... Spring break was already quite some time ago, and I am thankfully bronchitis-less. I thought that I had put this up a few weeks ago, but alas I was mistaken. In any case, I spent much of March alternately painting and coughing, and despite the aforementioned bout of plague-style-illness, I got quite a bit of work done.

Thanks to Carl's bit of advice, I forged ahead on my project, decidedly not stalling on making paintings, and over the break, I actually finished two and a half spreads.





The first... I'm feeling just okay about... it may in fact not make it into the final book. (I did another two versions of my dummy this week - which I shall save for a future post - but in both versions, this particular painting didn't make the final cut. I'm glad I rendered it, but we shall see.) The second was incredibly fun to paint, and it shows. The third is the opening page of the book, and was similarly enjoyable.

3 comments:

Benjamin Kalish said...

I love all the purples!

Cynthia said...

I agree. Purple is my favorite color. They're gorgeous. Just amazing.

mr. pants said...

great work, Lisa. I love the bottom one, with her cute little toesies.

Post a Comment

Thoughts, profundities, absurdities, random-tangents, non-sequiturs: