Book Project Part VII: Title page...?

Book Project Part VII:
Title page...?

The past few days have been rather busy. I spent them scanning and printing my spreads and pasting them into a working full-color dummy in order to get a better look at the book in its entirety. I also wanted to see how the pages flip, whether the book flows, and figure out what the book is missing. In the "still missing" category are a couple of interior spreads (I have the sketches but haven't yet painted them), but more importantly, I'm still missing much of the overall design of the book - the cover, the title page, text treatments, etc.

So I went back to the drawing board and spent a whole bunch of time alternately scribbling on bits of paper, crumpling them up and tossing them into the trash, starting new bits of sketches, retrieving the old ones from the trash in a semi-endless cycle.

Finally, I came up with something I thought might vaguely work for the interior title page...

Perhaps page 1...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, profundities, absurdities, random-tangents, non-sequiturs: