Forward-ing Work

Hey there everyone,

It's been a fun-filled, exciting sort of weekend. I hope that all of you on the East Coast are well-equipped with extra batteries for flashlights, candles, and water. Stay safe! As for me, I'm actually in Massachusetts right now... and for the next few days. I came up for the weekend, and as of yesterday, all trains and buses were cancelled due to Sandy-related weather. I'll be here for a bit longer, but that's fine by me. I have excellent company and plenty of sketchbook pages to fill.

In the meantime, if you need some extra reading, the latest article in the Forward's InsideOut series is live!

Check it out.

If you're looking for older articles, you can find the full list here.



This week's illustration involved populating a city block with a variety of characters. I really enjoy working with a wide variety of materials. Most of the time I use pencil and paint for my children's illustration, so it's nice to switch things up and play with ink for these pieces.

Thanks to Kurt and Naomi for their art direction.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts, profundities, absurdities, random-tangents, non-sequiturs: